Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

FO Friday -- Free Yarn Edition

Okay, so I'm kinda cheating.  I don't actually have an FO to share with you all today, but (But!) I don't think you'll mind...

So, Stitches West was awesome this year (as always), and my trip to California was a blast.  I got to hang out with some of my favorite people, shop at my favorite grocery store, and eat my favorite tacos.  It doesn't get much better than that.

On Thursday night, we got our times muddled for the market preview, and showed up about an hour before it closed.  Despite a brief panic attack, we were able to get nearly all of our shopping done before the market closed.  Apparently, we're just very efficient. 

On Saturday, we took a class called "Switch to Continental".  The instructor was quite a character and there was quite a lot of eye-rolling going on, but by the time we left, I could purl in continental style.  I'm hoping to switch back and forth between Continental and English between projects for the sake of good ergonomics.  Plus which, it just looks kinda cool.

You know what's crazy?  I completely forgot to pull my camera from my bag at any point while we were at Stitches.  Sorry about that.  I did remember to take pictures of our field trip to the San Francisco Zoo, though! 









Oh, and the other thing I remembered to do while I was there was to buy some gorgeous yarn for y'all:

This is Alpenglow Yarn Sockerino in the English Lavender colorway.  It's just a tiny bit more muted than it looks in this picture, and it is awesome!  It's made in the US from 100% organic merino, and you all should consider yourselves very lucky that I have such epic self control that I didn't squirrel it away for myself when I got home.  If you'd like it to go home with *you*, just leave a comment on this entry between now and let's say 8pm (US Mountain Time) on March 14.  I'll use the trusty ol' random number generator and announce the winner in next week's FO Friday post.  Fair enough?  Oh, and leave a way for me to contact you in case you're the Winner!  

While you're waiting for my big announcement, go check out all the awesome entries over at FO Friday and Fiber Arts Friday.  Then go have a fantastic weekend!

19 comments:

  1. I'm so envious of anyone that can go to stitches. I never seem to make the one in Chicago either. Grrrr

    Love the San Diego Zoo. I visited it once back when I was in college. A beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great animal photos. I'm glad you had fun on your trip. Stitches sounds like great fun from what I've read and heard on podcasts. I hope you are not giving away the only yarn you bought, and you are going to share your booty with us in gratuitous picture form?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the animal pics. Glad you had a good time...and it is very sweet of you to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who wouldn't want to win that gorgeous yarn!

    Rav: GingerLee25

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someday I would love to go to Stitches! Everyone who goes always has the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stitches Midwest is pretty awesome, but I imagine Stitches West is even better! I completely overlooked the fact that you're not posting an FO here, because I'm distracted by the yarn!!! Thank you for being so sweet and generous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI P... still sorry I messed up our timing and made us late for the preview. Thank goodness we knew what we wanted and got it all in... I forgot you got lavender yarn.. it's gorgeous.. Wish you lived closer so we could knit together or at least talk yarn together ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it was a great trip. I'll admit I'm feeling pretty jealous. I bet that yarn would make me feel better though...

    I'm impressed that you can now knit continental. I still haven't even figured how to do colourwork with two hands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your zoo pictures are great. You seem to have got really close up and personal. Don't worry about putting me in the yarn draw, I think I am probably too far away postage wise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I would love to add it to my stash! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I could go to Stitches West one day, what a fantastic trip you've had! "If" I got lucky I'd be happy to cover the postage :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the generous giveaway...the chimpanzee looks like he's admiring you as you snap his pic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never remembered to take pictures either when I was at Stitches. Of course, the haul I brought home was proof enough! Can't wait to see who wins that gorgeous yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the picture of the giraffe!!

    And I can be contacted on Rav: bookworm-mar

    Thanks for such an awesome giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was so thoughtful of you! It looks like you had a great time. Thanks for such a wonderful give-away. My rav name is gnomesbeatfaeries

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so hard to remember to take photos at Stitches, there's just too much yarn! That class sounds useful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll forgive your camnesia since that yarn is so preeeeeetty. I love the color! I still remember the SD Zoo fondly from when I was a kid. Next year, come to Stitches South! =) I think my profile's hooked up to my email, but if not, my Rav name is lottloft.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the purples color group but I especially like this muted yarn. It appears much more sophisticated.

    schwipknits@gmail.com
    schwip on rav

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my! What a sweetie you are! This is lovely and would meld right into a kimono-type sweater I am gathering yarn for....need two more colors...one if this is in the mail to me. Otherwise, a trip to LYS. None are local. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete